SDS Hidden Class Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I have created class team with SDS. Teacher can not see the hidden class team. They can only on Assignment Tab. Wondering if anyone can help here. Already tried from "Create Or Join Team" but we can not see the option suggesting to create Class team base on existing Office 365 groups.

5 Replies

Hi, @goldendrame 

Try doing the same from Office365 portal, when creating a O365 group it gives you the option to create a Team for the same.

so if the group is already created, check the edit option, it might be there.

Thank You  @Aakhri_khayaal . Indeed in the Groups Management tab on O365 Admin center i can see the groups. They "Status" are Active for Teams so can't modify anything there. After selecting a concerned group and click on it, the "Microsoft Teams" dont give ability to create. Tough in the "Setting" Tab my group is not Private or Public. When trying to activate "Private" it show error. Its have a "HiddendMembershipGroup" status.

Wondering if the Class Teams owner not Discovering the Hidden Class Team because of a group strategy preventing both Teacher and Student. Any PowerShell script or group strategy details to allow Class Team owner to see Hidden Class.

@goldendrame hello!

We have now the exactly situation.

Please tell us how did you solve it?

Best Regards

Jorge

@Jorge Rivera I don't know if our situation has the same cause, but it certainly has the same symptoms.  For our issue it seems like Teams and O365 have an issue where Teams doesn't recognize the Owner of the group set by SDS.  We can see in the Teams, SDS, O365, and Azure AD admin portals that the teacher for a class is set as the owner of the class team/group, but when I add myself as a second owner and look at the team in the Teams client it says the teacher has left the team as the first event.

To fix the issue I have to manage the team from the Teams client as a secondary owner and add the teacher back to the team.  As soon as I add them back, the Teams client seems to recognize that they're already an owner and the teacher can then see the team in their client.

This is unfortunately a manual process and I have not found a way to identify and correct these teams in bulk as of yet.  We depend on the teachers to report an issue and then have to correct it ourselves, but by then instruction or training has already been impacted.

@rmcdaniel 

We ran into this issue and Support provided this response:

It’s a known bug on the Teams side. If a Team is provisioned but not Active, any new owners of the team will never see it. The engineers have created a couple scripts to help while we wait for a rather robust Teams update to be created and deployed. Please read the documentation before using the scripts though.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/schooldatasync/missing-teams-memberships-or-access

https://github.com/OfficeDev/O365-EDU-Tools/tree/master/Teams%20Scripts