Modifying CSV files for SDS

Copper Contributor

Hi!

The long introduction is necessary. Sorry! 

This past spring my school adopted O365 and added its own domain. I created students' and teachers' accounts manually. We log in with our work e-mail addresses (in the format of "john.doe@domain") and use Outlook.

With the school year I wanted to use SDS synchronization via API from my school's register. However, according to the tutorial, the schools register sets up its own format of addresses, like "jdoe@domain".

Now I need someone to confirm I'm right about the following: synchro via API would create new teachers accounts and force them to abandon their previous ones completely shattering e-mail communication.

This is, of course, unacceptable. Now I'm thinking about SDS synchro via CSVs (exported from the register).

I'd love to know:

1. If I modify "student.csv" and "teacher.csv" changing Usernames from "jdoe@domain" to "john.doe@domain", will it synchronize well with the existing addresses/accounts?

2. Which option to choose: Existing Users or New Users? I don't understand it: I have existing users who I want to map to new teams but also I'll have some new teachers and students whose accounts need to be created and mapped as above.

I'd be immensely grateful for any help.
Z.S

0 Replies