SAP S/4HANA choose best IaaS

Copper Contributor

Hello Folks 

I need some help and advice from you, I have this requirement below and I need to know what is the best to choose:

TypeSystem usageUsageCPU SAPSRAM in GBSAP needed Storage
S/4HANA-APPS4H-DEVDEV800016200 GB
S/4HANA-APPS4H-QASQAS800024200 GB
S/4HANA-APPS4H-PRDPRD600016200 GB
S/4HANA-APPS4H-PRDPRD1600064200 GB
S/4HANA-DBHANA-DEVDEVHANA certified appliance of 256 GB of RAM or equivalent  certified TDI 
S/4HANA-DBHANA-QASQASHANA certified appliance of 384 GB of RAM or equivalent  certified TDI 
S/4HANA-DBHANA-PRDPRDHANA certified appliance of  512 GB of RAM or equivalent  Certified TDI 
PO/SybasePO-DEVDEV800016256 GB
PO/SybasePO-QASQAS1200032512 GB
PO/SybasePO-PRDPRD16000641 TB
ServicesSAP-routerPRD4000820 GB
ServicesSolManPRD800024800 GB
ServicesADS-PRDPRD600016500 GB
ServicesJump-boxPRD6000162TB
   114 Core1,392 GiB3.6 Tera

first I go to SAP and check the hardware certified and TDI then I select Azure IaaS platform it is about 118 and selects one of them:  ( M128ds_v2 ) this one I think feel it is fit to me, so this one gives me one virtual machine or I can run all VMs Above 

Thank you in advance 

1 Reply
Hi RaadAlrawi
I believe it should be M series for sure to give you a better flexibility for cache:
For standard storage, the possible cache types are:
None
Read
Read/Write
To get consistent and deterministic performance, set the caching on standard storage for all disks that contain DBMS-related data files, log and redo files, and tablespace to NONE. The caching of the base VHD can remain with the default.

For Azure premium storage, the following caching options exist:
None
Read
Read/write
None + Write Accelerator, which is only for Azure M-Series VMs
Read + Write Accelerator, which is only for Azure M-Series VMs
For premium storage, we recommend that you use Read caching for data files of the SAP database and choose No caching for the disks of log file(s).
For M-Series deployments, we recommend that you use Azure Write Accelerator for your DBMS deployment.
Reference:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/workloads/sap/dbms_guide_general
The general guidance is to use an average target CPU utilization of 65%. If your average utilization is below 30%, the CPU is considered oversized.
In particular, SAP Note #1872170 documents reports (/SDF/HDB_SIZING and ZNEWHDB_SIZE) that facilitate estimating the memory and disk space requirements for the database tables of Business Suite on HANA, S/4HANA
Thanks,