Windows 11 volume icon issue after sleep mode.

New Contributor

After the system is booted from being in sleep mode the sound icon is shown as muted. The sound is working, seems the icon may be buggy.

3 Replies
I'm having the same exact issue. It appears to only be a problem with the icon. The volume itself is actually working as expected.

Same issue since september when i installed win11, realtek integrated soundcard, latest MSI realtek UAD driver 6.0.9250.1... also it does not happen every time, but it happens most of the times, when computer wakes up from sleep. Not sure why this isnt fixed yet, after months....

edit: just for the record, this bug was reported multiple times on feedback hub already months ago, there is a official answer that it should be fixed in dev build, i guess it didnt find its way yet in current build.... thats how useful feedback hub is.

HAVING THE SAME ISSUE WITH THE VOLUME ICON AND ALSO THE DRIVER OF THE SOUND UNINSTALL BY IT SELF AFTER I PLUG IN A HEADPHONE BUT WHEN I RESTART MY PC THE VOLUME DRIVER CAME BACK AND START WORKING PROPERLY