Windows 11 Touchpad Volume control issue with Bluetooth devices

Occasional Visitor

The touchpad three-finger gestures to control volume and media playback with bluetooth media devices is faulty, unresponsive, illogical.

It does not control the volume smoothly (eg. 1 or 2 units), but rather in intervals of anything between 1 and 20 units. If I scroll just a tiny bit too much down, the volume gets set to 0. 

This only happens with bluetooth devices. I have used 2 different headphones and they have the same issue. If i adjust the volume on theheadphones themselves, it is always a resolution of 4 units, meaning there is no correlation between what my touchpad does and what the inherit volume control does. There is no logic to this. 

Updating drivers did nothing.

I did not find any related raised issues. Please fix this.

(edit:  also having a lot of lag and bad sound consistency withBT in-ear earphones that are not wire-connected )

9 Replies
Same issue. It feels very unresponsive. Hope they fix this.
I am also having this issue.
OS Build 22000.282
Samsung Galaxy Flex 15

@nobodyspecial145 I have the Galaxy Book Pro 360. Wonder if this is a Samsung issue.

Exact same issue here on XPS 13 9310 and Win 11 pro build 10.0.22000. Driver update/downgrade had no impact whatsoever. @jkaob 

I also have this issue.

On a Framework Laptop running Windows 11 Enterprise N (Version 21H2).

Issue goes away when I am using my laptop speakers, but comes back when I am using my bluetooth headphones.

Same here. Very laggy and unresponsive gesture volume control on a Lenovo Thinkpad with Sony bluetooth headphones. Laptop speaker volume control works fine.

Win11 Pro 21H12 OS Build 22000.318

@jkaob 

Same problem using an MSI laptop and Sony headphones.

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎5/‎10/‎2021
OS build 22000.318
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.318.0

@jkaob Facing the exact same issue for 2-3 weeks now