Windows 11 Build 22533 volume slider bug

New Contributor

Hi,

Just did the update to the 22533.1001 build, and it seems the volume slider just disappeared. 

If I try to change the volume, the explorer program just restarts (closes every explorer windows, get a dark gray reset desktop, the task bar just appears empty for a second and then everything is back as if I just logged in)

Any idea why ?

Thanks,

Arthur

64 Replies

@arep620  I'm having the exact same problem. I tried reinstalling audio and display drivers, nothing works. I'm amazed something so basic has passed QA. Maybe it's an specific issue?

I'm running build 22533, with and RTX 2080 SUper, nvidia drivers 511.23

I'm also having the same problem. I was eager to update for this improvement only, but now when I try to adjust the volume or the brightness through function keys, programs don't close but everything refreshes. I hope Microsoft fixes this problem as soon as possible.
my laptop runs on Ryzen 5 3550H with gtx 1650 and AMD Raedon vega 8 graphics.
Same problem here.

@arep620 yah me too 

I have a also same problem @arep620 

@arep620 I have this same problem. 

@arep620 I am also having the Same BUG. I was so curious for this Update just for this Volume / Brightness Bar. Now am really disappointed.

I updated to 22533 yesterday and the volume and brightness controls were working fine, now today they are crashing like everyone explained it here already. I'm using windows 11 on Yoga 7

@arep620, i have this problem too

Lil update :
Safe mode won't work either (keeps resetting)
Quite the flaw
I have this problem too
I have the same problem

I am also having the same problem , what to do now..?? :pouting_face:

solution plzzz….:pensive_face:

Same problem
nvidia geforce gtx 1060 6GB
Intel Core i7 7700k overclocked to 5GHz
Build 22533
Same. Guess we'll have to wait until they decide to fix it, it's just a shame.

i ve been having the same issue + everything just got slower from apps to local folder

@arep620 

same problem - RTX2060, Intel 6th gen
Me pasa lo mismo!

@arep620 Yeah, me too. Is horrible.