Bug with gesture navigation in launcher beta

Frequent Contributor
This started for me when I updated my pixel 2 to 11 back in August. It is happening on my pixel 5. When I go into various apps the navigation line doesn't disappear,Whatever side of the screen that line is on that side becomes unresponsive.
22 Replies
Hi, thanks for your feedback. Could you please provide us a screen recording video for a better understanding?

@Ann_Yao_680 What email would you like me to use?

Hi, you could directly attach video or screenshot here or send to microsoftlauncherfb@microsoft.com. I hope I have made myself clear.

@Ann_Yao_680 I sent a email titled "Gesture Navigation Bug"

@Ann_Yao_680 Did anyone get the email?

Hi, thanks for your remind. We have checked your video. It's actually your system design. We suggest you give your feedback to Samsung forum. Thanks for your understanding.

@Ann_Yao_680  It's a Google Pixel 5, Also It's not the system design. The Pixel Launcher and other launchers work fine. Since the Android 11 release for my Pixel 2 and out of the box Pixel 5 it only does this with your launcher.

Hi, thanks for your clarifying. It seems a rare case. Could you please send us a video on your pixel launcher so that we could do a comparing.
Could you clarify your issue again? Do you mean that your home screen will be unresponsive?

@Ann_Yao_680  If you use gesture navigation as your setting for system navigation the gesture line while using the launcher gets stuck on the screen sometimes. Whatever side the gesture line gets stuck on that side becomes unresponsive to touch. You usually have go back to homescreen or rotate the screen to make the gesture line go away.

Ok, got you. We are afraid to say it's an OS system issue. Please refer to our FAQ "Why can’t I use android 10 gesture in Microsoft Launcher?" in launcher settings. I also attached the FAQ link for an easy reaching. https://arrowlauncher.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1946749-why-can-t-i-use-android-10-gestur...

@Ann_Yao_680 Again It's not an OS issue. I don't know how you are missing this. I had mentioned earlier that I am using the gesture navigation and that other launchers I've used are working fine with it.  The post launch update to allow third party launchers to use the gesture navigation happened a very long time ago. The Launcher team would need to optimize gesture navigation properly for Microsoft Launcher. You seem to be behind on some knowledge of the Android ecosytem.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/12/02/the-pixel-4-supports-android-10-gesture-nav-with-third-part...

Sorry for the misunderstanding! I have send you an email. Please check it, thanks!

@Ann_Yao_680 Any updates? I'm still having the problem with inputs not registering.

@Gorden_Lin @Ann_Yao_680 @hongli_bai @Edison_X Are any team members still active here? I am still having this issue in the beta.

Hi, @Annihilator27 , saw your email, it seems like a system behavior but you mentioned it only occur in our Launcher so we need to do a cross check here with other Launcher and settings maybe. did you set the navigation bar auto disappear in your system settings? 

Gorden

@Gorden_Lin I have not, Where do I go for the disappear setting?

@Annihilator27 I dont have Pixel in hand, but there is a setting for this in Samsung devices, in settings for Navigation bar. 

Gorden_Lin_0-1614904979122.png