Weird WordArt font problem in Publisher

Copper Contributor

I am completely stumped with a weird WordArt font problem in Publisher: no matter what font I select, my WordArt object comes out the same and I can't do anything to change it. My font of choice only shows correctly on the "Edit WordArtText" box; on my documents I always get this 'default' font. Everything else in Publisher (and WordArt) seems to work as expected. Previously I have used WordArt a lot, but with Office 365 I'm still trying to work out how to get Publisher to apply my font selection.

3 Replies
I'm seeing the same thing using Publisher 2016 on Windows 10. All freshly installed.

I have also observed that a document edited on another machine where I was able to use other fonts displays in the default font on my machine. The relevant fonts are listed as options during text edit, so it is not the case that they are completely unknown.

Use wordart in Word, then copy and paste in Publisher.  It is something Microsoft aare aware of, but haven't fixed.

@Richie_Pemberton 

Apparently, the same problem also plagues WordArt in Word. Also, it also appears that ALL my previous documents (created using Win95, XP and Win 7) are affected when I try to view them in my Win 10 computer (which isn't nice!).