Suggestions:::Next generation of Publisher users without resources

Copper Contributor

A whole new group of small businesses are jumping onto 365. They see the power of publisher 2016, and yet in depth training material ended with Pub 2010, with minor publications on 2013. Video training, help cards, tips/tricks are dated and difficult to find. I have searched the net for resources, but my customers are struggling. Thank you in advance.

2 Replies

@Rick Fulton I think Microsoft has left Publisher behind, as there have been very few improvements since the 2010 version (so actually the training materials are "current" except for cosmetic changes to the UI). My fear is that metrics will indicatate that "too few" users actually use Publisher and it will be eliminated from the Office 365 product line. Yes, small business still want to design email campaigns, newsletters, and reports in publisher and will not be pushed into SWAY or other "modern" design programs that are cost prohibitive. Publisher is overdue for features and functionality. Hey, they are making PowerPoint cool again - so we can hope.

It is somehow similar with the more creative applications. Publisher is one, but Movie Maker and Picture IT are out of scope as well. If a Creators update does not have tools for picture and video editing, it does not earn the name. There are no 3D objects in social media (or very few) What the majority of people need is picture and video editing to survice in social media