Teams, Major Disappointment

Bronze Contributor

After waiting so long for Teams to come to Government Tenants my tenant finally got it yesterday and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Basically we got the "Groups" version of Teams as there's no Planner, no Connectors, no Bots. All we get are Files, Conversations, and a Calendar which is what we already have in Groups.

We are going to be rolling out Office 2016 to my users next month and I was hoping Teams would come in time to introduce it to them. As Teams doesn't have any more features than Groups right now we'll just show them Groups and maybe someday when our tenant gets the rest of Teams features we'll roll it out to them. Which of course might take years.

/soapbox off

4 Replies
We found the same thing. When we submitted a ticket with Microsoft, they said it was that our Teams was 'broken', so I thought it was just us and was hoping for a solution. I suspected it was a government tenant issue but hoped I was wrong. Major disappointment here too.

I've been researching Teams for a public sector entity and I too am very disappointed in the number of features that have been rolled out.  MS should have waited until they Bots and Connectors were available.  We've waited this long, it would not have mattered much if we had waited longer. 

What makes this especially hard, is when your users are taking in MS marketing campaign and is clamoring for the service.

Now that we've had the limited-Teams for a short time also a disappointment is having to tell our users:

Here's some training materials from Microsoft on Teams, but just ignore the parts on the features we don't have as Microsoft hasn't rolled them out to us yet. No, sorry, no ETA, could be next week, could be next year.

Yeah, that sure builds confidence from our users in the products that we are paying for from Microsoft and trying to get them to use.

To be honest i stopped issuing MS training material a long time ago, not because it's no good, but because every scenario and organisation is different and requires targeted training based on user needs.