Work week error

Copper Contributor

Hello all, I have a prelim schedule going in ms project for a construction job and I am having an issue with one particular task scheduling on a Saturday. So far I have 39 tasks in the project and none of them has scheduled work on a Saturday unless done manually. The task I am struggling with is currently set up as a predecessor to a task being completed on Friday 07/30/2021 so the next available working day would be Monday 08/02/2021. The task is insisting on beginning on Saturday 07/31/2021, I cannot get to the bottom of this, I have tried deleting the task and re-doing, I have changed working time under project menu and I have weekly schedule set so no work being done on Saturdays and Sundays. I simply cannot understand why this is wasting me so much time, if anyone has any ideas or suggestion I am open to it and I can take questions and provide more information as needed. Thx.

ps. i have attached an image of the two tasks.

3 Replies
shart1695 -- Since you were able to attach an image file of the problem, would you be willing to attach the actual Microsoft Project schedule in your reply to this message? I, for one, would like to take a look at the project and troubleshoot the problem. If the project does not contain sensitive data, please attach it, if you are willing. Thanks!
it says that .mpp files are not supported by the file uploader, that would be the only issue. The schedule is for work, I wouldn't call a schedule sensitive and either way I see no issue in reaching out to the community for technical questions. if I can get around it being uploaded so you can troubleshoot, I will.
If you feel comfortable doing so, feel free to send it to me at the following e-mail address:

DaleHowardMVP(at)Gmail(dot)com

Replace the words in parentheses with characters. I will take a look at your project tomorrow morning first thing.