Using Onmicrosoft user account in a legacy O365 tenant

Copper Contributor

Hi Guys, hope you're all well and can offer some guidance regarding the following scenario:

• O365 Tenant A contains a PWA site
  • Tenant A shortly to be migrated to O365 Tenant B
  • My understanding is that it will not be possible to migrate the Tenant A PWA site to Tenant B with permissions intact. Therefore:
  • As a short-term measure, (we will, in the months ahead, stop using Project Online) will it still be possible to log into the PWA site in Tenant A using the default Tenant A Onmicrosoft username associated with each user account e.g. jsmith.tenantA @onmicrosft.com even though the user account previously used for to log into Project Online/PWA i.e. jsmith @tenantA.com will have been migrated to Tenant B?
  • I'm concerned that once the jsmith @tenantA.com user account has been migrated there will be an issue logging back into the Project Online/PWA site in Tenant A using the Onmicrosoft address i.e. jsmith.tenantA @onmicrosft.com
  • I know it is possible to log into Project Online/PWA at the moment using the Onmicrosoft user account - but after the migration takes place could something break in the backend as a result of the jsmith @tenantA.com user account being removed from the Tenant A domain?

I hope the above makes some kind of sense. Any advice is very gratefully received.

Best regards

Mike

2 Replies

Hello @Mike-Project ,

Have you considered migrating Project Online config and data from Tenant A to Tenant B? Using a tool like Fluent Pro's Fluent Books for Project Online would work: https://fluentpro.com/fluentbooks-for-project-online/ 

Paul

Hi Paul, and thanks very much for your reply - it is appreciated. I will take a look at FluentPro as you suggest.
All my best
Mike