SOLVED

task scheduling

Copper Contributor

Hello team, I really need your help. I am creating a schedule for a course with the following times 09:00 – 11:00 is 11:20 – 13:00

But it seems that everything goes wrong when I add the 20 minute break. The activities start in one day and end in the next day, which seems to me that the project is calculating more than 4 hours daily programmed.

attachment images

Thank youGrafic GhanttGrafic GhanttCalendar definitionCalendar definition

3 Replies
best response confirmed by FilipeCuango (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@FilipeCuango 

The problem is that you've defined a "day" as 4 hours but the custom calendar only has 3.66 days (9:00 to 11:00 is 2 hours but 11:20 to 13:00 is only 1.66 hours). Remember, non-working time (i.e. 20 min break) is not counted. Change the "To" time for each workday to show 13:20 PM as shown (Note, I don't use a 24 hour clock):

2022-03-30_08-43-06.png

Doing that, the result will look like this as long as you also set the Gantt display to show your custom 4 hour workday calendar. Note, with this timescale setting Gantt bars are rounded to the nearest hour so you don't see the 20 minutes but I've elected to show the time in the Start and Finish fields so it is clear when a task ends.

2022-03-30_08-43-54.png

Hope this helps.

John

@John-project 

:facepalm::cryingwithlaughter::cryingwithlaughter:....... You're absolutely right John. Thank you very much. 

FilipeCuango,
You're more than welcome and thanks for the feedback.
John
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by FilipeCuango (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@FilipeCuango 

The problem is that you've defined a "day" as 4 hours but the custom calendar only has 3.66 days (9:00 to 11:00 is 2 hours but 11:20 to 13:00 is only 1.66 hours). Remember, non-working time (i.e. 20 min break) is not counted. Change the "To" time for each workday to show 13:20 PM as shown (Note, I don't use a 24 hour clock):

2022-03-30_08-43-06.png

Doing that, the result will look like this as long as you also set the Gantt display to show your custom 4 hour workday calendar. Note, with this timescale setting Gantt bars are rounded to the nearest hour so you don't see the 20 minutes but I've elected to show the time in the Start and Finish fields so it is clear when a task ends.

2022-03-30_08-43-54.png

Hope this helps.

John

View solution in original post