SOLVED

Task Constraints Power BI

Brass Contributor

Hi folks,

Do you know which Dataverse table I need to use to visualize if a task has a contraint or not? I would like to see this information in Power BI. 

Also, some feedback for the Project team: our team doesn't use constraints very often. Would it be possible to set the contraints manually within the task rather than having them set automatically when the dates are adjusted?

Thanks!!

Brandon

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution

@Bjhartline I've looked in the msdyn_projecttasks table and elsewhere and have not found a field identifying if a task has a constraint.

There is no way to stop constraints from being set when you manually define a task start/finish date.  However, you can minimize this if you:

• Set your task dependencies and let the relationships determine the dates.
  • Set the task duration, which will populate the start/finish dates without applying a constraint.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution

@Bjhartline I've looked in the msdyn_projecttasks table and elsewhere and have not found a field identifying if a task has a constraint.

There is no way to stop constraints from being set when you manually define a task start/finish date.  However, you can minimize this if you:

• Set your task dependencies and let the relationships determine the dates.
  • Set the task duration, which will populate the start/finish dates without applying a constraint.

View solution in original post