SOLVED

Sub task duration update

Copper Contributor
I have MSP 2021. If I assign a resource with specific holidays to a sub task with specified hours, the duration of the sub task doesn't increase based on the holiday but the duration of the summary task does. How do I get the duration of the sub task to reflect the increase in duration caused by the holiday? Everything is on auto schedule
3 Replies
best response confirmed by Rachely747 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Rachely747,
When there is a break in the "active" time (working time) of a task's span such as when an assigned resource has specific non-working days or the task has a split, the duration for that task is the active span. However, a summary line is not a task and the duration of a summary line is start to finish.

In your example, the resource holidays puts a break in the subtask active span, hence the total span (duration) is unchanged. But the break in the subtask adds to the total span at summary level.

Hope this helps.
John

Thank you for clarifying, John
Rachely747,
You're welcome and thanks for the feedback. If I answered your question, please consider marking my response as the answer.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rachely747 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Rachely747,
When there is a break in the "active" time (working time) of a task's span such as when an assigned resource has specific non-working days or the task has a split, the duration for that task is the active span. However, a summary line is not a task and the duration of a summary line is start to finish.

In your example, the resource holidays puts a break in the subtask active span, hence the total span (duration) is unchanged. But the break in the subtask adds to the total span at summary level.

Hope this helps.
John

View solution in original post