Remove labels from a report table

Copper Contributor

I created a report in MS project and the labels are linked, is there a way to remove the ‘Task Summary Name’ label?

5 Replies
Research35,
Which report did you create? What do you mean, "the labels are linked"? A screen shot would be most helpful.
John

Thanks for the quick response! I created a table report and grouped it to show the task summaries but curious if there is a way to remove the title of ‘Task Summary Name’ from showing up on the report.

A7D4B25C-8035-47BF-9DAB-792D2DF05FA4.jpeg

@John-project 

Research35,
I see you are using something other than Project desktop (e.g. Project Online, Project for the Web). Unfortunately I do not use those versions so I can't help you and I'll have to defer to one of my colleagues. Hopefully Dale will respond.
John
Research35 --

I was able to recreate your problem. Click anywhere in the table in question. In the Field List sidepane, click the Group By pick list and select the No Group item. It appears that you somehow grouped the tasks in the table using the Task Summary Name field. Hope this helps.

@Dale Howard thank you and your observation is correct. I originally had the tables set up with ‘no group’ and it did not have the labels and looked better but the table is rather large so to better present the data visually I wanted the task summaries to be displayed in a different color. Although the options exist to have banded rows or to manually highlight a row and shade that didn’t keep the summary tasks highlighted. As soon as data was changed in the gantt, I would go to the table and the wrong rows showed up as highlighted. The only way I can figure out to have the task summary links highlighted is to use the group function.  Thanks for looking into this, I really appreciate it!