Remaining Duration

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a number of Ghant Charts tracking progress through a large contract whereby there are sometimes around 300 Tasks divided between 8 Teams (resources) each Team starting at the same time and working through their stream alongside each other. The unit for each task is days. Every month I am having to manually go in to the charts and count how many remaining days I have on the program before completion. Is there any way of running off some kind of report that will tell me how many remaining days I have on program from a certain date to the completion date?

Thanks.

2 Replies
DawkiT --

You can use the Remaining Duration field for the Project Summary Task (Row 0 or Task 0), which will tell you the number of days left in the project. However, you must do the following each reporting period in order for the Remaining Duration column to give you an accurate measurement:

1. Set the Status date to the last day of last week's reporting period (usually last Friday).
2. Manually enter task progress.
3. Reschedule incomplete work from the past into the current reporting period.

Hope this helps.
Hi Dale, thanks for your reply, however I'm a bit of a novice and don't really understand this bit. "You can use the Remaining Duration field for the Project Summary Task (Row 0 or Task 0), which will tell you the number of days left in the project"