Red error message in user profile in Project Online - can't modify project details

Copper Contributor

Hello,

One of my colleagues is having issues with Project Online. We have assigned her a licence and have added her to the correct Group Active Directory. All the authorizations have been double checked and are correct. 

Although she has access to the complete list of projects, she cannot modify any of the project details: when she clicks on "Modify", it enters editing mode but all the buttons are greyed out and she cannot modify/update any of the project fields. See image below:

Camila_IB_2-1657140059082.png

When I go check her user profile, a red error appears: please see the image below.

Translation:

The following resource(s) could not be retrieved:
At least one resource could not be retrieved, either because it was deleted or because you do not have the necessary permissions to view it.

Camila_IB_0-1657139825151.png

We have double checked all of the settings and authorizations and she should be able to modify any details of any projects.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue with their account?

Thank you!

2 Replies
Camila --

If you are going to be editing enterprise resources, your Project Online application administrator needs to add you to the default Administrators group in PWA. For the user in question who will be performing project manager duties, you need to add this person to the default Project Managers group in PWA. If you want this person to be able to open and edit specific projects, such as the projects you want her to manage, you will need to open the project for editing from the Project Center page in PWA, and designate her as the Owner of the project. You will then need to save and publish each of those projects. The default permissions in the Project Managers group only allow project managers to open and edit the projects in which they are the Owner. Hope this helps.

@Dale Howard 

Hi Dale, Thank you for your response. I will look into it and do some tests. I think what you mentioned here is probably the issue:

"The default permissions in the Project Managers group only allow project managers to open and edit the projects in which they are the Owner."

Will update the post when I have it figured out!

Thanks!