SOLVED

PWA/Project Online/Planner to become an enterprise system

Copper Contributor

Hi all

My company currently uses Project online for managing our portfolio, mainly to pull all the data into one place so we can extract reports and key data from the system.

With the announcement of the new Planner software, and the collaborative way of working it seems to promise, I wanted to see if moving to this software is going to be the right move for us.

The key reason we havent moved to Project for the Web is the lack of enterprise features.

Does anyone know if the new Planner application will build in enterprise features?

Thanks for your help

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution

@Matthew Russell Your org will have to evaluate Project for the Web (aka Planner Premium), but currently it is not even close to being a replacement for Project Online.  Hopefully Microsoft will put the resources into Planner Premium as it has a promising foundation in my opinion.   One thing to remember, if you have workflows in Project Online, Microsoft plans to disable them in April 2026.  You will need to move the workflows to a power automate solution or move to another project management tool.

Hi @RFromm 

Thanks for your response. That is a shame, the interface for Project for the web is much more intuitive for the people who do not use Project as a regular software but need to review/update details.

We'll keep going as we are then

Thanks for the headsup on the workflows, its not something we use currently but was on my to-do list to look at

Thanks

Matt 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution

@Matthew Russell Your org will have to evaluate Project for the Web (aka Planner Premium), but currently it is not even close to being a replacement for Project Online.  Hopefully Microsoft will put the resources into Planner Premium as it has a promising foundation in my opinion.   One thing to remember, if you have workflows in Project Online, Microsoft plans to disable them in April 2026.  You will need to move the workflows to a power automate solution or move to another project management tool.

View solution in original post