SOLVED

PWA Notes field is disabled

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I added the Notes field to the Task Summary view but I am unable to edit the Notes, it is disabled or read only. Is there something I need to do to enable it?

thank you

6 Replies

Hello @tonytohme ,

The Notes field for Tasks is editable in the Project Desktop client. You can either add notes in the Task Information:

PaulMather_0-1644513187847.png

Or in the view:

PaulMather_1-1644513244916.png

I hope that helps

Paul

@Paul Mather 

Thanks for your help, but I am using PWA (Project Online), and the Notes field is in the summary task but I cannot edit it for some reason.

tonytohme_0-1644513598598.png

Hello @tonytohme ,

This field is editable in the desktop client. The assigned users can also add notes from the Task page in PWA:

PaulMather_0-1644514169767.png

Paul

Hi,
I am not using the Task page to create tasks.
I have a Project in PWA, and I am inserting tasks in the project and assigning users directly within the project's deliverables.
The Notes field in the summary task inserted in the project is not editable.

Thanks
best response confirmed by tonytohme (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello @tonytohme ,

The Notes field is not editable in the PWA task grid, it is read-only there as you have seen. I guess this is due to the field supporting rich text.

Paul

@Paul Mather  Thanks Paul, it doesn't make sense why would MS do this.

Workaround: Given I have admin permissions in PWA, I created a custom fields called Task Notes and added it to the Project View in Task Summary View. This worked.

Thanks Paul for your input

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by tonytohme (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello @tonytohme ,

The Notes field is not editable in the PWA task grid, it is read-only there as you have seen. I guess this is due to the field supporting rich text.

Paul

View solution in original post