PWA is no longer creating connected SharePoint site when new project is added

Copper Contributor

I am one of the organization's application administrator for Project Online - I have set up in the enterprise project type to automatically create a connected SharePoint site. (Automatically create a site on next publish option has been selected). This has always worked perfectly and no changes were made to the settings, but now a SharePoint site is no longer created when creating a project. When I try to add it separately after the fact by going to PWA settings, connected SharePoint sites and click on 'create site', it won't create a site either.

Can anyone please help?

5 Replies

Hello @aarntz1 ,

There is probably an error in the queue, please can you check the manage queue page in PWA settings and see what the status is for the site creation?

Are you using the default "Project Site" template or a custom site template? If a custom template, have you tested with the default "Project Site" template on the EPT?

Paul

Hi @Paul Mather ,

Thank you for your answer. I think you're right - it seems like the custom project site template for this particular enterprise project type is corrupted which is strange because no changes were made to the template for over 6 months. The job state is 'failed but not blocking correlation' and the error details are below:

8379c332-5598-480b-808d-48056a1cd986.png

Hello @aarntz1 ,

The custom site template needs to be fixed, probably best to raise this to the person who created the template / your SharePoint admin as it looks like someone made a change on 20th April that caused this issue.

Paul

Hi Paul, I created the template/am the admin. There was no change to the template April 20th, April 20th is when I tried to create the SharePoint site for the item that was created but didn't automatically get the SharePoint assigned. Do you know how I can resolve the corrupted site template?

Hello @aarntz1 ,

Without access to the instance it would be very difficult to try to fix this template via the forum. Something must have been changed on the site collection for this to be triggered? Are they any other SP admins that might have changed something? 

How different is this template to the standard Project Site template? Might be worth rebuilding the template?

Paul