Project Online REST API

Copper Contributor

Hi all. I'm currently working on an integration with Project Online using a low code/no code product (that is capable of doing HTTP requests) and Project Online REST API using OAUth client credentials (Machine to Machine authentication).

I'm a complete rookie to Project Online, can someone please point me in the direction of detailed documentation that:

- Identifies what kind of license is required to access Project Online REST API

- Identifies what (if any) needs to be configured on Project Online

- Identifies what (if any) needs to be configured on SharePoint

- Identifies the steps to get the OAuth token to interact with Project Online REST API

Thanks in advance

Vicente

3 Replies
Identifies what (if any) needs to be configured on Project Online --> Just a checkbox in Resource security group to enable OData (Reporting Services)
- Identifies what (if any) needs to be configured on SharePoint -- nothing
Identifies the steps to get the OAuth token to interact with Project Online REST API- you have multiple options here. if you can provide service account details i.e. password. also you can go for app password. and considering it's no code. you will have to work with token. for that you will have to create Azure App. and then retrieve the token. which will allow you to retrieve project online data. you can also explore graph api.

Hope this will point you to some direction.
Thank you NeilS2926 the team has this subject on hold at the moment but I'm sure your reply will help when we get back to it.

@NeilS2926 This is incorrect.