Project Online, Project Sites Document Library synchronization button is gone

Iron Contributor

Since last week we discovered that on all document libraries in the modern view, within our PWA site collection of SharePoint Online, the synchronization button is gone.

We created a Microsoft Support ticket and they simply responded that the disabled it, in the modern view of doc libraries on site collections which are PWA enabled. Only the classic view enables a user to sync a document library.

Anyone expierencing this too?

I cannot believe MS just made this change when its something thats key to working with document libraries in our environment.

They werent able to give me a reason as of why its been removed.

1 Reply

Hi Randy,

While I'm surprised of the reply to your service ticket, this is a bug that can also be found in your O365 Admin center, see attachment.

Sync-Button.png

Details:

Title: "Sync" button not visible on Modern UI for some sites.

User Impact: Users are unable to see the "Sync" button when using the Modern User Interface (UI) within some site templates.

More info: This issue does not affect site templates for OneDrive for Business, Teams or Groups. While we're focused on remediation, users can switch to the Classic view UI, which is not affected by this issue.

Current status: We're investigating an issue in which users are unable to see the "Sync" button within some sites. We're reviewing site data in order to troubleshoot the issue and to develop a plan to mitigate impact.

Scope of impact: A few customers have reported this issue, and our analysis indicates that users accessing the affected site templates using the Modern UI may be impacted.

Start time: Monday, February 27, 2017, at 12:00 AM UTC

Next update by: Monday, March 13, 2017, at 9:00 PM UTC