Project Online - Project Owner is changing to another User automatically

Copper Contributor

Project Online - I have a project in PoL and the Owner is changing to a different user automatically. I will change it back to myself but then after a little time it will automatically change to another usres. What could be causing this?  Has anyone ever seen this?

6 Replies

@AaronDemenge 

I'm also facing the same issue. Did you find any solution for this ?

@Ambrose_John No, I never got any responses to this post. I've seen it at a couple clients now in the last couple years and have not been able to pinpoint the root cause nor have I been able to find out if it's a known issue.

Aaron --

This was a known issue with Project Online and Microsoft Project Server in the past. It was addressed through a system update. I have not run into this issue personally in quite a long time. If your clients are using Microsoft Project Server, I would recommend you confirm that their system is completely updated with the latest software updates. If the issue persists, then I recommend opening a ticket with Microsoft Support and letting them work with your clients to resolve the problem. Hope this helps.

@AaronDemenge This happened to me when one project had more than 1 user with write permissions when the project plans are overwritten from MS Project. If user A overwrites the plan from MS Project the Owner will became user A, same happens when user B overwrites the plan, user B becomes the Owner.

Let me know if this was your case.

@Dale Howard 

Hi Dale,

My Project Online version is currently Project Professional 2013: 15.0.9999.1000

Do you think setting my version to Project Professional 2016: 16.0.4266.1000 will solve my issue ?

Ambrose_John --

I honestly do not know. But it might be worth a try.