Project Online - Hour Timeline

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am completely brand new to Project and am starting off with Plan 1 (found here) to get a feel for it. My main need from a project management tool, is to be able to create tasks that are hourly-based. Not just a whole day. 

Is there a way to change the timeline to reflect hourly options? I see that I can set duration, but that doesn't affect the way the project looks on the Gantt chart. 

5 Replies
dslusser --

The best you can do is to enter your task Duration values in hours rather than in days. Hope this helpsl

@Dale Howard  Thanks.

Unfortunately, it doesn't. I need it to display in the Gantt the same way.

Does anyone know if upgrading to the $30/month Plan 2 will give me this option? It looks like it provides the desktop version, which I am assuming is the full blown version of MPP?

dslusser --

If you need to plan your project tasks in hours and then to display those tasks in hours in the Gantt Chart view, then yes, the Project Plan 3 option will provide you with the Microsoft Project desktop version. In the Gantt Chart view, you will be able to zoom the timescale to show the schedule of tasks in hours and not in days. Hope this helps.

I use 0.25d and 0.30d for the duration that measures the day in hours. Hope it helps?