SOLVED

Project Online Formatting

Copper Contributor

I have users formatting with color and fonts in their schedules with a Project EPT Template. When they publish, check in then check back out all of the formatting is gone.  Is this a bug?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Kelly Webb (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Kelly --

No, this is not a bug. When a user applies formatting of any kind to an enterprise view, the formatting is only applied temporarily. When the user closes and checks in the project, the next time the user opens the project, the formatting will disappear. TO BE CLEAR: This is only true when formatting enterprise views, such as the Enterprise Gantt Chart view, for example. On the other hand, users CAN format default views, such as the Gantt Chart view, and the formatting will "persist" in the view from that point forward. Hope this helps.
thank you - that completely resolved it!
Kelly --

You are more than welcome for the help, my friend! If my reply answered your question, would you please mark my reply as the answer to your original question? Thanks!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kelly Webb (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Kelly --

No, this is not a bug. When a user applies formatting of any kind to an enterprise view, the formatting is only applied temporarily. When the user closes and checks in the project, the next time the user opens the project, the formatting will disappear. TO BE CLEAR: This is only true when formatting enterprise views, such as the Enterprise Gantt Chart view, for example. On the other hand, users CAN format default views, such as the Gantt Chart view, and the formatting will "persist" in the view from that point forward. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post