SOLVED

Project for the Web: Stop team members changing the duration of their tasks...

Brass Contributor

Hi Team

Can you tell me if it possible stop team members changing the duration of their tasks?

Many thanks 

James 

6 Replies
best response confirmed by James_Price (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @James_Price ,

Unfortunately not, once a user has edit access to the project for the web project, they have full edit access.

Paul

@James_Price - In addition to Paul's excellent reply, you need to know that if your team members have a Project Plan 1 license, they are allowed to edit the projects in which they are team members, as well as to be able to create and edit their own projects.  On the other hand, if the team members DO NOT have a Project Plan 1 license, they are granted "view only" access to the projects in which they are team members, and they CANNOT change anything.  So, based on your description, your team members do have a Project Plan 1 license, which means that Paul gave you the correct answer.

If I were you, I would simply ask my team members NOT to make any changes to their projects without involving me in the decision to make the change.  Hope this helps.

Hi Dale 

Understood but the problem with view only is that they cannot update progress.  Unless I'm missing something :)

Cheers

James   

@James_Price -- That is exactly why Project for the Web needs a view or page where team members can enter task progress.  So, I do understand your need and concern.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by James_Price (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @James_Price ,

Unfortunately not, once a user has edit access to the project for the web project, they have full edit access.

Paul

View solution in original post