SOLVED

Project for the web: how to add costs?

Copper Contributor

I´m still trying to learn Project for the web. One basic question that I can´t find a way how too do

How can I add a cost for each row (task) in my gantt-chart? Either in the web or in the powerapp layout, both works fine.

Thanks!

5 Replies
best response confirmed by chris1265 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@chris1265 --

As it currently exists, there is no Cost model associated with projects created in Project for the Web.  Perhaps Microsoft will add some type of costing functionality in the future, but there is no such costing functionality in the tool today.  Sorry, but hope this helps.

I really miss the possibility to add cost on row level in Project for the web. How do you work around this issue?
Soren -- I use the Microsoft Project desktop application instead. :)

@Dale Howard 

Hola Dale;

Me queda la duda sobre Microsoft Project en la WEB; si no permite asignar costos a las tareas, entonces cual es el objetivo, còmo es posible manejar un proyecto si no me permite gestionar el presupuesto con mi equipo de proyecto.

Agradecerìa que alguien me comente al respecto.

Gracias.

MAAC2014 --

In the future, please post your questions in this forum in English. To answer your question, Project for the Web is a very simple project management tool, and is missing over 90% of the functionality found in the Microsoft Project desktop application. If you really need to do cost management in your projects, I would recommend you switch to the Microsoft Project desktop application instead. Hope this helps.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by chris1265 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@chris1265 --

As it currently exists, there is no Cost model associated with projects created in Project for the Web.  Perhaps Microsoft will add some type of costing functionality in the future, but there is no such costing functionality in the tool today.  Sorry, but hope this helps.

View solution in original post