SOLVED

Project for the Web: format grid and viewing custom fields/columns in grid in Power BI...

Brass Contributor

Hi Team

I'm using Project for the Web (PfW).  Can anyone help me with the following two problems:

• I want to colour certain rows in the grid view but can't seem to do it.  Am I missing something?  Even if selecting 'label your task' colour and it showed in the grid view, that would be OK.
  • I created some custom fields/columns in the grid view but they don't appear in the Power BI report.  I'm using the default PfW PBI template in Github.  Again, am I missing something?

Many thanks 

James

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution

Hi @James_Price ,

In the Power BI table / grid - can you use the conditional formatting options to colour the table / grid rows as needed? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-conditional-table-formatting 

Custom fields created in Project for the web grid view are not available outside of the Project for the web UI so unfortunately you are not able to include these in Power BI reports.

Paul

Thanks for this Paul. I find it ridiculous that MS doesn't give you access to these custom fields. I'm sure you have better insight but I don't see much real change from what we saw in Prague 3½ years ago. Hey ho.
Hi Paul
I seem to have failed the initiative test. I can't find the best response button.
Is there any alternate, how can I show values of the custom columns of Project for Web Task Grid in Power BI report?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution

Hi @James_Price ,

In the Power BI table / grid - can you use the conditional formatting options to colour the table / grid rows as needed? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-conditional-table-formatting 

Custom fields created in Project for the web grid view are not available outside of the Project for the web UI so unfortunately you are not able to include these in Power BI reports.

Paul

View solution in original post