Project for the web - dataverse change status options of a roadmap/overview?

Brass Contributor

I work with project for the web and use the overview/roadmap to pull in several projects and get a good timeline for them all.

but i want to update the status-options that are available in the overview.

i have looked in dataverse and found health status as an option under the table roadmap. i have added options there but nothing happens.

how to update the options when clicking on a task in the timeline in the overview where you have several projects?

6 Replies

Hello @oskarkuus ,

Please confirm what you are trying to do, are you trying to add additional options in the Status list here:

PaulMather_0-1637850213174.png

If so, I'm not sure that would be supported. If you are trying to do something else, please confirm. If you are trying to programmatically set the Status value for a roadmap item - that is possible. See a blog post I wrote a few years ago for Project Online data: https://pwmather.wordpress.com/2019/05/27/sync-msproject-roadmap-row-item-status-with-projectonline-... 

You would just need to change the first few actions to remove the Project Online part.

Paul

Yes that is what i want to do. Update those status-options. I have found the status options in the dataverse table. but when i change them or add more, nothing happens. so it must be something else im thinking...

Hello @oskarkuus ,

I would say that is not a supported change as the Roadmap UI and code will not know anything about those new Status options you are trying to use. 

Paul

To bad.
I am really struggling to mark projects with a status.

In the project itself there is no status.
In the roadmap there is none.

How to know what projects are avtive, waiting, paused or finished.

Hello @oskarkuus ,

You could update the Row title - see the example where I added "- ACTIVE" to the name:

PaulMather_0-1638313259638.png

Maybe this might help to show which projects are active etc.?

Paul

well i guess that is a solution.
but it depends heavly on doing it correctly since my goal is to be able to use tools like powerapps, power automate and power bi... if each project get a status in text in the title... then i cant be sure all project managers have spelled the status correctly etc.

roadmap is one thing. if no status is possible to set there.. fine.
but i cant even demand that my project leaders close a project. it all seems to be controlled by date and that is quite allot of micromanagment fora project manager if a project need be set on hold for a while...