Project for the web - custom column

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I've added/created a new column in Project for the web, but where can i find this column in Dataverse ? (example : column NCH)

Thank you,

Gbams_0-1684142984656.png

7 Replies

Hello @Gbams ,

These columns are not available in Dataverse unfortunately, only local to that project.

Paul

Hello @Paul Mather,

What do you mean by local ? and where can i see it ?

Hello @Gbams ,

They are only exist for that one project where they are created and are only available in the Project for the web UI. These are not available in the Dataverse DB so you can't include them in reports etc.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Is it possible to push custom columns from the dataverse into the Power for the Web UI? For example, I want to have a current status column that shows in the grid view on the Power for the Web App when I am viewing it in teams. I have added the column to the "Project Tasks" table and can view it in both the project accelerator and Power Automate functions. Is it possible to have the column show up and be editable in the Project for the Web UI?

Hello @Liamnorris470 ,

That is not possible unfortunately. 

Paul

Thanks, Paul. Do you know of anyway to automate the download to excel button on the project for the web page? It seems like that is the only way to get the custom columns created in the project for the web UI into excel?

Hello @Liamnorris470,

Not that I'm aware of, it's a UI feature, there is no API to call. 

Paul