Project for the Web and Roadmap - Looking for lessons learned

Steel Contributor

I'm working on a project to implement Project for the Web (P4W) and Roadmap where I work. We are not using the default instance, but are going with named P4W instances to allow for greater customizations and more importantly to have a dedicated dataverse for each instance to protect sensitive project data.  I'm looking for any lessons learned that anyone would be willing to share and/or references to tech information, I've found most of the Microsoft docs, that you have found helpful.  Thanks in advance.

FYI - I am aware that P4W is not a replacement for MS Project Online and is missing a LOT of features at this time.

1 Reply

FYI - Just a quick update.  Microsoft has confirmed the Project Home page is not configurable, which means we will be using the default environment and named instances.  Only the named instance will have the Project Accelerator installed. I've also submitted a new idea Ability to Configure Project Home page · Community (microsoft.com). Vote for it if you'd like to have the ability to configure the Project Home page.