SOLVED

Project Center Default View Deleted so now Project Center doesn't load for users

Brass Contributor

Project Center Default view was deleted by mistake, so now Project Center doesn't load for users. However as Site Collection Admin I am the only one who can see all the new views created, and don't get the "Loading" message in the view iFrame. Also the users have the "project" banner "greyed out". I have everything working well ...

I can't find any solution to this on the forums.

5 Replies

Hello @Rosalia Dias ,

Are you using Project Server on-premises or Project Online in Office 365? If you are using Project Server on-premises, which version is this 2013, 2016 or 2019? In Project Server 2013 this used to work so might be worth a try: https://pwmather.wordpress.com/2013/11/20/projectserver-2013-project-center-view-failed-to-load-ps20...

Paul

@Paul Mather I am using Project Online ... O365

@Rosalia Dias OK - did the suggestion at the end of the blog post work for you? If not, you might need to open a support ticket via your Office 365 tenant so that Microsoft can fix this for you.

Paul

@Paul Mather Hi thanks for trying to help, I really appreciate it! Unfortunately we can't use the suggestion in your blog because the "Project" banner is greyed out for the users so they can't change view. I have opened a support ticket, and will post solution they provide (hopefully!) here so can be shared to community. 

Cheers,

Rosie

best response confirmed by Rosalia Dias (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Paul Mather the problem was in fact that a default view was deleted, as no easy and quick way around this I rebuilt the site from scratch and WILL NEVER DELETE ANY DEFAULT views, fields etc. from our PWA environments ever again! 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rosalia Dias (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Paul Mather the problem was in fact that a default view was deleted, as no easy and quick way around this I rebuilt the site from scratch and WILL NEVER DELETE ANY DEFAULT views, fields etc. from our PWA environments ever again! 

View solution in original post