Problems trying to export the project list to excel via Project Server 2016

Copper Contributor

We're having problems trying to export the project list to excel via Project Server 2016. The logs criticize lack of permission in the registry, but I haven't been able to catch an access denied exception through procmon so far to identify which keys to registry are being accessed at the time of the error. However, when comparing permissions between working farms, I made some permission tweaks, but nothing went right.

I tried to redo the SharePoint permissions by running the command "psconfig -cmd secureresources", but it didn't work either.

I made sure that the account that runs the application pool and the one that maintains the SharePoint services were in the local security group WSS_WPG.

Erro:

"Application error when access /_layouts/15/PWA/PJExport/ExportGridExcel.aspx, Error=Requested registry access is not allowed.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowSecurityException(ExceptionResource resource)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
at Microsoft.Win32.Registry.GetValue(String keyName, String valueName, Object defaultValue)
at MS.Utility.EventTrace.IsClassicETWRegistryEnabled()
at MS.Utility.EventTrace..cctor()"

"Getting Error Message for Exception System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'MS.Utility.EventTrace' threw an exception. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowSecurityException(ExceptionResource resource)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
at Microsoft.Win32.Registry.GetValue(String keyName, String valueName, Object defaultValue)
at MS.Utility.EventTrace.IsClassicETWRegistryEnabled()
at MS.Utility.EventTrace..cctor() -
-- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at MS.Utility.EventTrace.EasyTraceEvent(Keyword keywords, Event eventID)
at System.IO.Packaging.Package.Open(Stream stream, FileMode packageMode, FileAccess packageAccess, Boolean streaming)
at DocumentFormat.OpenXml.Packaging.OpenXmlPackage.CreateCore(Stream stream)
at DocumentFormat.OpenXml.Packaging.SpreadsheetDocument.Create(Stream stream, SpreadsheetDocumentType type, Boolean autoSave)
at Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.ApplicationPages.ExportGridExcelPage.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)"

3 Replies

i am facing the same issue here on an environment upgraded from 2010 ->2013->2016->2019, users are not able to export the project center for example, and when checking the ULS log, it the same error "requested registry access is not allowed"

any one can help?

@casousajr 

hi

I have the same problem

did you find the solution?@casousajr 

@esoudian 

Has anyone found the resolution to this error?