SOLVED

Problem saving a SharePoint Site as a Project Online site template

Copper Contributor

Over the last year or so we have been having trouble saving any SharePoint site as a Project Online site template.  I had previously been able to save sites as templates in my various Project Online (government) tenants. 

Here's an example of what happens now when I try to create a basic project site and then save it as a template (which is the same error msg I get when I start with my existing project site template):

• Created a new subsite using the Project template
    • JeanLieverman_0-1658421492434.png

• Then without doing anything else I tried to save it as a template
    • JeanLieverman_1-1658421492437.png

• Got this error
    • JeanLieverman_2-1658421492438.png

Has anyone else observed this problem?  Has anything changed in Project Online and/or SharePoint to cause this problem?  Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jean

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution

Hello @Jean Lieverman ,

Do you see this issue on other PWA site collections on this tenant? This process works fine on all tenants I have access to. You probably need to open a support case with Microsoft on this one.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes this problem is on other PWA site collections on this tenant. Thanks for the advice. Will proceed with MS.

Jean
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution

Hello @Jean Lieverman ,

Do you see this issue on other PWA site collections on this tenant? This process works fine on all tenants I have access to. You probably need to open a support case with Microsoft on this one.

Paul

View solution in original post