SOLVED

POL: Master project not inheriting formats from sub projects...

Brass Contributor

Hi Team

In POL, I have a master project and 4 x sub projects linked to it.  I edit all of the projects in MS Project and not in the browser.  If I format a sub project, this is not reflected in the master project (e.g. I want a sub project task which is in yellow fill to be shown on the same task in the master project).  Hopefully this makes sense and any thoughts on what I can do?

Many thanks 

James 

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Jamesp435 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Jamesp435 

Sorry but that's not the way it works. Subprojects are not actually part of the master, rather, the master contains pointers to each subproject. Therefore formatting is independent.

What you can do is to create a custom formatted view and view table and store it in your Global. Then apply that pre-formatted view to each subproject and the master.

Hope this helps.

John

Thanks for this John.

James
Jamesp435,
You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.
John
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jamesp435 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Jamesp435 

Sorry but that's not the way it works. Subprojects are not actually part of the master, rather, the master contains pointers to each subproject. Therefore formatting is independent.

What you can do is to create a custom formatted view and view table and store it in your Global. Then apply that pre-formatted view to each subproject and the master.

Hope this helps.

John

View solution in original post