SOLVED

New Enterprise Project Types not showing in New Project Ribbon

Copper Contributor

I am creating new Enterprise Project Types in Project Online. I have setup site and plan templates to be included with them. After saving them they are showing in the Enterprise Project type list in the settings page, but when I go back to Project Center the only projects that are available in the New ribbon is the default 'Enterprise Project' and 'SharePoint task List' project.

Is there a setting or check mark I may have missed? Thanks!

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Jedihercules (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Jedihercules --

If you specified a Department value for the EPT, then only people with that value specified in their Resource Departments field will be able to see the EPT. Does that help? Let us know.
Thanks Dale! Yes that was it. It's always something small like that LOL :)
Jedihercules --

Well, that was way too easy! Thanks for letting me know. You are more than welcome for the help, my friend. Would you kindly mark my reply as the Best Response to your question? I would appreciate that. Thanks!
Of course! Thanks again :) I am slowly but surely learning the ins and outs of standing up Project Center w/ Project Professional. I used to know all about Project Server way back in the mid 2000's. Playing a bit of catch up now LOL!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jedihercules (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Jedihercules --

If you specified a Department value for the EPT, then only people with that value specified in their Resource Departments field will be able to see the EPT. Does that help? Let us know.

View solution in original post