New baseline - BCWP issue

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing a particular issue in MS Project related to the setting of a new baseline during the progress of the projects. I have carried out some attempts obtaining the following results:

1. For the task which need a variation, I set a new baseline by overwriting the old one using roll up baseline options. The result I get is that the overall BCWP value is correctly updated, while the time series value (Task Usage View) disappears in all the summary tasks which contain that task, including the project summary task. While, BCWP cumulative value related to the single task shows a wrong value not coincident with the overall BCWP
  2. I set a new baseline by overwriting the old one for the whole project. The result I get is that the overall BCWP value is correctly updated. While, the BCWP cumulative time series value (Task Usage View) is not coincident with the overall BCWP for both, tasks and summary tasks. Moreover, despite fixing a new baseline without overwrite the old one and using it for EV calculation, I obtained the same result described above

Can someone tell me what is the cause of this problem? How can I solve it?

Thanks to all

0 Replies