SOLVED

MS Project report view tasks in next 30 days...

Brass Contributor

Hi team 

I want to create an report inside MS Project 2019 that shows upcoming tasks in the next 30 days.  I can see there is a filter for 'Tasks starting soon' but cannot find the filter formula.  My thoughts were to create a new filter where task start >= today and task start< today + 30 but there isn't a function for today.  

Any help gratefully received.

Many thanks 

James 

5 Replies
best response confirmed by James_Price (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@James_Price 

You can view the construct of the "tasks starting soon" filter by going to, View > Data group > Filter selection box > "tasks starting soon".

As far as creating a 30 day lookahead filter, here is one way to do it. First create two custom date fields
Date1 = [current date]
Date2 = [current date] +30
Then create this filter:

2021-06-23_06-40-12.png

John

Nice one. Thanks John
James
James, You're welcome and thanks for the feedback. If I answered your question, please consider marking my response as the answer.

thank you @John-project, that's very helpful.

I tried with your instructions, and it works for the tasks due within this month. However, the report doesnt show all the tasks meet the criteria. Could you please help on this?

Many thanks!

He

Miss_He,
I need a little more information. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? A screen shot showing where you think certain tasks aren't being flagged might help.

John
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by James_Price (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@James_Price 

You can view the construct of the "tasks starting soon" filter by going to, View > Data group > Filter selection box > "tasks starting soon".

As far as creating a 30 day lookahead filter, here is one way to do it. First create two custom date fields
Date1 = [current date]
Date2 = [current date] +30
Then create this filter:

2021-06-23_06-40-12.png

John

View solution in original post