SOLVED

lag time defaulting to edays in Project 2016

%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-12574%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3Elag%20time%20defaulting%20to%20edays%20in%20Project%202016%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-12574%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EHas%20anyone%20else%20seen%20lag%20defaulting%20to%20edays%20in%20Project%202016%3F%26nbsp%3B%20It%20only%20happends%20when%20using%20the%20task%20information%20dialog%20to%20enter%20lag%20but%20then%20has%20to%20be%20edited%20in%20the%20cell%2Fedit%20bar%20back%20to%20days.%26nbsp%3B%20Most%20Frustrating!%26nbsp%3B%20I've%20sent%20a%20frown.%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E%3CLINGO-LABS%20id%3D%22lingo-labs-12574%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3EProject%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3C%2FLINGO-LABS%3E%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-13862%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3ERe%3A%20lag%20time%20defaulting%20to%20edays%20in%20Project%202016%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-13862%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3EThanks%20Julie%20-%20good%20to%20know%20its%20not%20just%20me.%20The%20best%20workaround%20I've%20found%20is%20typing%20directly%20into%20predecessors%20column.%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-13847%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3ERe%3A%20lag%20time%20defaulting%20to%20edays%20in%20Project%202016%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-13847%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EHi%20Sara%20-%20this%20is%20a%20known%20issue.%20%26nbsp%3BSee%3A%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%3CA%20href%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fsocial.technet.microsoft.com%2FForums%2Fprojectserver%2Fen-US%2Ff894a46c-7cbb-4a10-9d22-36786a137942%2Fchanging-lag-between-linked-tasks-changes-automatically-to-elapsed-time-in-project-2016-since%3Fforum%3Dprojectprofessional2010general%22%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20rel%3D%22noopener%20noreferrer%20noopener%20noreferrer%22%3Ehttps%3A%2F%2Fsocial.technet.microsoft.com%2FForums%2Fprojectserver%2Fen-US%2Ff894a46c-7cbb-4a10-9d22-36786a137942%2Fchanging-lag-between-linked-tasks-changes-automatically-to-elapsed-time-in-project-2016-since%3Fforum%3Dprojectprofessional2010general%3C%2FA%3E%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3Efor%20some%20recommended%20work%20arounds.%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-13053%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3ERe%3A%20lag%20time%20defaulting%20to%20edays%20in%20Project%202016%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-13053%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EHi%20Sara%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3Ejust%20tested%20and%20for%20me%20it%20keeps%20correctly%20%22elapsed%20days%22%20or%20%22days%22%20depending%20of%20what%20I%20typed%20into%20Lag-field.%20Tested%20with%20version%3A%2016.0.4432.1000%2032%20bit...maybe%20it%20came%20with%20a%20later%20update.%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EAdrian%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E
Highlighted
Contributor

Has anyone else seen lag defaulting to edays in Project 2016?  It only happends when using the task information dialog to enter lag but then has to be edited in the cell/edit bar back to days.  Most Frustrating!  I've sent a frown.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Sara

 

just tested and for me it keeps correctly "elapsed days" or "days" depending of what I typed into Lag-field. Tested with version: 16.0.4432.1000 32 bit...maybe it came with a later update.

Adrian

Highlighted
Best Response confirmed by Sara Fennah (Contributor)
Solution

Hi Sara - this is a known issue.  See:

 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/f894a46c-7cbb-4a10-9d22-36786a137942...

 

for some recommended work arounds.

Highlighted
Thanks Julie - good to know its not just me. The best workaround I've found is typing directly into predecessors column.