SOLVED

Inserting a Summary Task and the subsisting tasks

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I want to perform a task similar to inserting a subprojects to create a consolidated Plan. However, I do not want to insert the whole project in the consolidated plan.  I only want to insert a section of Plan B (a summary task and its subtasks. E.g Testing as a summary task and all the tasks that sits under it just as it is )  into the consolidated plan.  How can I do it.  Can anyone help pls?

Thanks

Lola

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Lola_Amusa (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Lola_Amusa,
You have two options. One, copy and paste the selected summary with its subtasks into your consolidated plan. Two, insert as a subproject but uncheck the "Link to Project" option below the file selection list in the Insert Project window. Then delete those parts of the inserted plan that you don't want in your consolidated plan.

Neither of these methods will create a dynamic link, a dynamically linked structure can ONLY be achieved with insertion of a full file.

John

Thanks @John-project . I was actually thinking dynamic link such that once the section is updated in the subsisting project the update automatically filter through the Consolidated plan when I open it.  Thanks anyway- I wasn’t sure if I was pushing my luck to much :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Lola_Amusa 

Thanks for the feedback. If I answered your question, please consider marking my response as the answer.

John

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Lola_Amusa (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Lola_Amusa,
You have two options. One, copy and paste the selected summary with its subtasks into your consolidated plan. Two, insert as a subproject but uncheck the "Link to Project" option below the file selection list in the Insert Project window. Then delete those parts of the inserted plan that you don't want in your consolidated plan.

Neither of these methods will create a dynamic link, a dynamically linked structure can ONLY be achieved with insertion of a full file.

John

View solution in original post