Flow to export P4TW projects to .xlsx or pdf on reoccurring basis

Brass Contributor

Hello, 

I am wondering if it is possible to create a power flow that will export a project .xlsx or pdf to a Sharepoint site on a reoccurring basis so there is a backup of the project itself in the event that either microsoft is down, or a record gets deleted. 

Has anyone done this. 

I have created flows that notify users of new tasks in teams, notify users of modifications in teams, notify users on dependent tasks that their predecessor tasks have been done, and a few others but I have not worked with exporting the project to a Sharepoint as a backup. 

All the best, 

Josh 

3 Replies

Hello @Dribblej ,

I've never tried but you can query all the task data from Dataverse as you have found with the flows you have written before. You would need to then pass that data into another action to create a CSV table etc. like this example: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Simple-MS-Flow-to-create-excel-file-in-Sh... 

Paul

@Paul Mather , This is overdue, but thank you for responding to my post. I am working through the process and ill report back to explain what I did or what I couldn't do.