Exporting Project - Resource Usage table with phased time data to excel

Copper Contributor

Hi Experts,

Is there a way to export tasks to excel while retaining the phased time cost data?

Project1.png

In an ideal world I would like to export this info and for it to look like this in excel:

Project2.png

Export wizard is not doing the trick. Good old copy paste is copying the Resource list, but not the time phase.

Any ideas?

2 Replies
Martin --

There are two methods you could try:

1. Create a custom Visual Report in Microsoft Excel.

2. Write VBA code to do the export.

Regarding the second item, John - Project answers questions regularly in this user forum, often involving VBA code. Perhaps he will see this conversation and be able to offer you some guidance. Hope this helps.

@martindc 

I'm the John guy Dale referred to and yes I can help you with VBA to export Project timescaled data to Excel. I can write code to create the spreadsheet you show in your 2nd screen shot but I don't think that's really what you want. Look closely. The material resource "boiler floor space" shows 140 square meters which is correctly spread over 4 days in Project's Resource Usage view. Yet somehow, that 140 square meters has morphed into 175 square meters spread over 5 days on the Excel spreadsheet. Details, details.

I've done this very type of export for a ton of users and myself over the years. If you'd like my help with this, I suggest we work one-on-one via e-mail. I will ask some questions. My contact info is below.

John

jmacprojataticlouddotdotcom

(remove obvious redundancies)