Exclude a person in the leveling

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to exclude a resource from leveling in Microsoft Project 2021.

I have a supervisor who takes care of sending the parts to suppliers who will work on them. I want to keep the supplier's working time for the task, but the supervisor can send 2-3 at the same time to different suppliers (or the same) and does not have to wait for one to come back to start another (like other team members) .

Thank you for your help !

3 Replies

@AlexTramac 

Yes you can keep tasks for one or more resources from being leveled. Assuming you are using the stand alone desktop version of Project, you should see these options:

2023-05-24_06-46-57.png

Hope this helps

John

Hi John,

Everything looks to be leveled for everyone. If I want to take out only 1 person from the level, can I do it and if "yes", how?
AlexTramac,
The easiest way to remove a specific resource from the leveling operation is to set the task or resource assignment priority to 1000. That essentially says, "don't level this assignment". Here's more information on that:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/priority-fields-096ac288-1507-431f-bc6f-5b8b3a6f2673
John