SOLVED

Enterprise Global File

Copper Contributor

 I created a new view, and tried to copy it to the enterprise global.  I thought I remembered how to do it, but I guess I didn’t because I’m getting that typical error message.  The only issue is, it says the report can’t be overwritten, but I didn’t do anything with reports.

IMG_3171.jpeg

Then once I say ok and rename it, this one pops up:

IMG_3173.jpeg

Here is a screenshot of our organizer views

IMG_3174.jpeg

And here is a screenshot of the organizer Tables tab:

IMG_3175.jpeg

 Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,

Tanya

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Tanya72 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Tanya --

Good question. What you have accidentally done is to "pollute" the Enterprise Global file with a non-enterprise View and Table (the Task Usage view and the Usage table). Remember that you should ONLY store true enterprise objects in the Enterprise Global, including your organization's enterprise Views, Tables, Filters, and Groups. And you should NEVER allow any built-in Views, Tables, Filters, or Groups in the Enterprise Global.

To resolve the problem, open the Enterprise Global for editing and then apply any enterprise View, such as the built-in Enterprise Gantt Chart view. Then display the Organizer dialog, such as shown in your post. Delete the Task Usage view and then delete the Usage table. Click the OK button to close the dialog, then save and close the Enterprise Global. Exit and then relaunch Microsoft Project, and the error messages you have seen should disappear.

Hope this helps.

@Dale Howard thanks so much!  That did the trick!!

You are more than welcome for the help, my friend!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tanya72 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Tanya --

Good question. What you have accidentally done is to "pollute" the Enterprise Global file with a non-enterprise View and Table (the Task Usage view and the Usage table). Remember that you should ONLY store true enterprise objects in the Enterprise Global, including your organization's enterprise Views, Tables, Filters, and Groups. And you should NEVER allow any built-in Views, Tables, Filters, or Groups in the Enterprise Global.

To resolve the problem, open the Enterprise Global for editing and then apply any enterprise View, such as the built-in Enterprise Gantt Chart view. Then display the Organizer dialog, such as shown in your post. Delete the Task Usage view and then delete the Usage table. Click the OK button to close the dialog, then save and close the Enterprise Global. Exit and then relaunch Microsoft Project, and the error messages you have seen should disappear.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post