SOLVED

Enterprise custom fields

Copper Contributor

I have created some enterprise custom fields within project center with a view to monitoring multiple projects. These have used a simple system to pick from 3 "traffic light type" indicators of red, orange and green. I have placed this field on the project center summary view.

I believe I have created the lookup tables and fields as required.

My problem is I can't figure out how to populate the fields! I figure there is probably a simple solution, I just can't figure it out.

The fields are created at Project level entity. When opening the project in professional, the fields appear to be read only and not editable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies

Hello @DougPearce ,

If they are read-only it sounds like you might have set this option "Behavior controlled by workflow" ?

PaulMather_0-1639647269153.png

If you add the fields to a PDP web part (Project Detail Page), are they also read-only there?

Paul

best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution

@Paul Mather Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply,

I managed to accidentally find out that the Project Entity Enterprise Custom Fields appear under the Project Details tab. If the file is opened for editing, the values of these fields can be edited from there, so I am now able to update them as required.

I am not sure whether they are able to be edited anywhere else, but at least now I can change the values as needed.

Cheers...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution

@Paul Mather Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply,

I managed to accidentally find out that the Project Entity Enterprise Custom Fields appear under the Project Details tab. If the file is opened for editing, the values of these fields can be edited from there, so I am now able to update them as required.

I am not sure whether they are able to be edited anywhere else, but at least now I can change the values as needed.

Cheers...

View solution in original post