SOLVED

Efficient Frontier Chart is not displaying for Project Online Portfolio Analyses

Copper Contributor

Hi,

how can I solve the problem that the Efficient Frontier Chart is not working? I see there are users raising this issue. Already sending out Service Request Ticket one week ago.

Priority of the projects is calculated, but the Efficient Frontier Chart does not workPriority of the projects is calculated, but the Efficient Frontier Chart does not workError code from the htmlError code from the html

Best regards,

Manfred Chen

8 Replies
best response confirmed by Paul Mather (MVP)
Solution

@Manfred_Chen 

Hi,

in case you also face the same problem, here is the status from MS Project Online Team:

After 2 weeks searching, I find out the following message from "Microsoft 365 Adm. Center":

Manfred_Chen_1-1648455061816.png

Clicking the grey area, you can see that MS Project team is working on this issue. This is really a "Back End" issue. We can only wait until the solution is available:

=======================================================================

March 11, 2022 9:32 PM

Title: Specific charts are not rendering within the Portfolio Analysis feature User Impact: Users may be unable to view specific charts within the Portfolio Analysis feature. More info: When carrying out a Portfolio Analysis, the charts for Efficient Frontier, Strategic Alignment and the Scatter Chart may not render. Current status: Due to the multiple variables and complex configurations, we're still in the development stage of the fix. Once the fix is created, tested and validated, we'll start deploying to the affected infrastructure. These processes will take an extended period of time to complete, as we want to ensure we do not cause any additional impact. Scope of impact: Impact is specific to users attempting to view specific charts within the Portfolio Analysis feature. Start time: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 5:29 PM (9:29 AM UTC) Root cause: A misconfiguration within the charts feature is resulting in impact. Next update by: Saturday, April 16, 2022, 3:00 AM (4/15/2022, 7:00 PM UTC)

Best regards,

Manfred

@Paul Mather:
thank you Paul, I have being reading you articles and really helpful, so that I can reach this stage to share information.

Best regards,
Manfred Chen

@Manfred_Chen 

Dear all,

this issue is solved by Microsoft already already, happy to have the Efficient Frontier Chart back again!

Rgds,

Manfred Chen

@Manfred_Chen Yesterday (and also today) I noticed that the graphs are (still or again?) not showed in Portfolio Analysis. I checked different environments.

Is there some news about this issue?

Hi,

yes, this happens again. You can find the notice from Microsoft with the link 服務健康情況 - Microsoft 365 admin center

The latest one is dated "January 25, 2023 3:38 AM"

I also check my charts, not showing at the moment neither。

All users can only wait until Microsoft creates MicroSolve from their Back End..Last time I waited for over 3 months until it was normal again. Probably the engineers are testing something (APPs) and block the connection with this "charts module".

From time to time you can see the updated notice。 I even tried to ask for Asean Technical Support, yet nobody knew the PPM and reason. Actually, the users who can create such "charts" are kind of rare top users, and those users' companies do realize the power of Portfolio Management. But there are not many such companies.

Hope this answers you.

Best regards,

Manfred Chen

@astolk

@Manfred_Chen 

Hi Manfred,

Thanks for your reply. Hope this issue will be solved soon but it's good to know that it's just a matter of waiting now.

Indeed my client is one of those few "rare top users, and those users' companies" that realize the power of Portfolio Management. I have done many implementations of Project Server and Project Online since 2004 and just a handful of my clients are using this feature.

Best regards from the Netherlands,

André Stolk

In the meantime, your Efficient Frontier Chart is now back again, thanks to Microsoft's quick resolution of this problem <a href="https://essentialsclothing.net/">.</a>
Not yet. In my environments (3 different tenants) it's still an issue.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Paul Mather (MVP)
Solution

@Manfred_Chen 

Hi,

in case you also face the same problem, here is the status from MS Project Online Team:

After 2 weeks searching, I find out the following message from "Microsoft 365 Adm. Center":

Manfred_Chen_1-1648455061816.png

Clicking the grey area, you can see that MS Project team is working on this issue. This is really a "Back End" issue. We can only wait until the solution is available:

March 11, 2022 9:32 PM

Title: Specific charts are not rendering within the Portfolio Analysis feature User Impact: Users may be unable to view specific charts within the Portfolio Analysis feature. More info: When carrying out a Portfolio Analysis, the charts for Efficient Frontier, Strategic Alignment and the Scatter Chart may not render. Current status: Due to the multiple variables and complex configurations, we're still in the development stage of the fix. Once the fix is created, tested and validated, we'll start deploying to the affected infrastructure. These processes will take an extended period of time to complete, as we want to ensure we do not cause any additional impact. Scope of impact: Impact is specific to users attempting to view specific charts within the Portfolio Analysis feature. Start time: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 5:29 PM (9:29 AM UTC) Root cause: A misconfiguration within the charts feature is resulting in impact. Next update by: Saturday, April 16, 2022, 3:00 AM (4/15/2022, 7:00 PM UTC)

Best regards,

Manfred

View solution in original post