SOLVED

Display resource name in timeline

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a nice timeline with my milestones, but I can't seem to find a way to simply display the resource next to the milestone (in the timeline!)

1 Reply
best response confirmed by brentrug (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@brentrug

You mention wanting a resource shown next to a milestone. For reference, milestones are not tasks, they are simply a point in time (i.e. 0 duration). As such, milestones should not have any resources assigned except perhaps a cost if the milestone is representing payment or receipt thereof.

But to answer your question, unfortunately the only way to show a resource next to a task bar (or milestone) on the Timeline is to include that resource as part of the task name.

John

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by brentrug (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@brentrug

You mention wanting a resource shown next to a milestone. For reference, milestones are not tasks, they are simply a point in time (i.e. 0 duration). As such, milestones should not have any resources assigned except perhaps a cost if the milestone is representing payment or receipt thereof.

But to answer your question, unfortunately the only way to show a resource next to a task bar (or milestone) on the Timeline is to include that resource as part of the task name.

John

View solution in original post