SOLVED

Create "Owner" like Enterprise Custom Field

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I would like to create "Departmental Manager" custom enterprise field on Project Details page that will allow the user to select a name from the active directory, just like the "Owner" field. Any leads on how it can be achieved? The lookup table functionality only allows to manually insert data and does not allow it to link it with AD. 

Thank you,

Noorul

1 Reply
best response confirmed by nooruls143 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello @nooruls143 ,

Out of the box Project Web App doesn't support custom field people picker fields but if you create a normal text custom field then apply custom JavaScript code to the page you can turn a text field into a people picker field. There used to be some JavaScript solutions floating around on the internet, if you search for "Project Online People picker field JavaScript" I'm sure you will find a solution start that will help get you started if you wanted to go down the custom code route.

Paul

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by nooruls143 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello @nooruls143 ,

Out of the box Project Web App doesn't support custom field people picker fields but if you create a normal text custom field then apply custom JavaScript code to the page you can turn a text field into a people picker field. There used to be some JavaScript solutions floating around on the internet, if you search for "Project Online People picker field JavaScript" I'm sure you will find a solution start that will help get you started if you wanted to go down the custom code route.

Paul

View solution in original post