Changing Project Owner

Brass Contributor

Hi there

I am project owner of some projects but want to change it to someone else. I noticed that I can change the owners of projects for whom I am not the owner but cannot do so when I am the owner i.e. When I open a project it has "Project Details" for projects where I am not the owner.

Is there a way I can do this?

3 Replies

@khyron Did you ar anyone reading this find out how to change the project owner in PWA?

I'm having the same issue and need to change the project owner and I'm unable to edit the owner, although I created the projet and I am an admin of PWA 

thanks for your advice 

Lisa --

Did you do the following steps:

1. Navigate to the Project Center page in PWA.
2. Click the name of the project for which you want to change the Owner.
3. At the top of the Quick Launch menu on the left, click the Project Details link.
4. At the top of the page, click the Project tab to display the Project ribbon.
5. In the Project Section of the Project ribbon, click the Edit button.
6. Click the Browse button to the right of the Owner field.
7. In the Pick Resource dialog, select the name of the new owner and then click the OK button.
8. In the Project section of the Project ribbon, click the Save button.
9. When the Save job is completed, click the Close button in the Project ribbon.

If you did these steps, what error are you seeing? Tell us more and we will try to help you.
Thank you Dale, I have been able to change the project owner, I was looking in the project details tab via MS project professional desktop interface and indeed I could not change the project owner from there, however your soloution worked via the PWA interface, thank you very much for your time and support :)